The latest project by director-musician Giovanny Blanco, EL QUICKIE is the focal point of the forthcoming film TK, a documentary by Blanco about the lives of struggling musicians over 30. Blanco created EL QUICKIE with these specific goals in mind:
1. Form a band with musicians who are 30 years of age or older.
2. Write, record and release a CD.
3. Release at least two music videos.
4. Develop a fan base through social networking sites like MySpace and Facebook.
5. Perform live for the first time on September 27.
6. Break up immediately after the show.
7. Document the whole process for the documentary TK.
El Quickie is:
Singer Giovanny Blanco, (Spigga, Viva Malpache!, Cornelius and LATV)
Guitarist Jose Morales, leader of L.A. punk band NO WAY JOSE
Bassist Moises "Viralata" Baquiero of now-defunct Latin Alternative faves LOS ABANDONED
Paul Rinis of L.A. indie darlings IO ECHO
El Quickie's CD, "HERE TODAY, GONE MAÑANA," will be released Tuesday, September 23 as a free download on www.ElQuickie.com.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
9:00PM to 1:00AM
The Good Hurt 12249 Venice Blvd. West Los Angeles, CA