The League of United Latin American Citizens is proud to host the Feria de Salud. This event will gather families from across the communities for a phenomenal day-long cultural festival focused on healthy eating, physical activity, and wellness while celebrating Latino cultural traditions. LULAC will provide a variety of health screenings, fun physical activity and healthy Latino-American cuisine to celebrate Latino music, family, health and culture! The event is free and open to the public.
The Feria de Salud, a major annual event of LULAC, has cumulatively drawn over 90,000 attendees in just four years and boasts an attendance of general audiences including community members, faith-based organizations, university associations, exercise groups, sports clubs, health practitioners and public sector employees. The events motivate families to be physically active and make healthier life choices in an effort to address health disparities faced by Latinos nationwide.
All health fairs include free mobile clinics that provide health screenings and health services such as flu vaccinations, diabetes testing, cholesterol screenings, HIV testing, and vision exams. To engage Latino community for a full day of participation, LULAC captivates participants by featuring entertainment such as musical headliners, folklore dancing, celebrity guest appearances, celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, and other family oriented activities.
Tentative activities include:
- Prominent national Latino music and entertainment
- Healthy cooking demonstrations by talented community chefs
- Tips for preparing healthy Latin American recipes and shopping for nutritious food on a budget
- Sport tournaments for children
- Zumba and other aerobic activities
- Free health screenings for common health indicators including blood pressure, glucose, eye exams, HIV, BMI, and more!