According to the United States Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic- owned companies are the fastest growing small business sector in the country with nearly three million businesses and annual revenues of almost $400 billion.
In support of their successful growth and continued achievements, Verizon Wireless will honor one business owner as 2012 Verizon Latino Entrepreneur of the Year. The winner will receive grants of cash, phones and service valued at more than $15,000 including:
• Five 4G LTE Motorola smartphones; and
• Free voice and data service on the company's 4G LTE network for one year.
The entry period for nominations is now open and will continue through September 28, 2012 for established entrepreneurs, aspiring entrepreneurs, and working professionals in California, Hawaii, Nevada, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Utah, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, or El Paso County, Texas. For more information, including how to enter and official rules, please visit www.verizoninsider.com/negocios.
• Tell us about your business; please provide as many details as possible including your mission statement.
• What role has the Latino culture played in the inspiration and continuation of your business?
• How do you or would you incorporate mobile technology within your day-to-day operations to make your business more efficient?
Verizon Wireless will announce the winner on November 1, 2012 at the Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach. As part of the Latino Small Business Series, Verizon Wireless will partner with several Latino business events. Updated times and addresses will be posted on www.verizoninsider.com/negocios.