Opportunity Under the Dream Act
Filing Begins August 15, 2012
Requirements for the New Program "Deferred Action Status":
(A) Date and Time Requirements:
1) You came to the U.S. before 6/15/2012 and you were under age 16 when you came;
2) It does not matter if you came with or without a visa, but if you had a visa, it must have been expired before 6/15/2012;
3) Have you been in the U.S. continuously for the last 5 years (since 6/15/2007)?
4) On 6/15/2012, you must still be under age 31.
(B) Education Requirements:
5) At the time you file your Application (not on 6/15/2012), you must have completed or graduated high school, or obtained a GED certificate, or honorable discharge from American Armed Forces or Coast Guard, or
6) At the time you file your Application (not on 6/15/2012), you must be enrolled in school (high school or GED).
(C) Other Requirements:
7) At the time you file your application (not on 6/15/2012), you reached age 15 or older, and
8) You have no convictions for one felony, or one serious misdemeanor, or three simple misdemeanors.