Number of servings: 6 to 8
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
• 1 cup ketchup
• One 28-ounce can Las Palmas® Red Chile Sauce
• 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish (add more or less according to spicy tolerance)
• Juice of 3 limes
• 1 teaspoon bottled hot sauce
• 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ cup finely chopped red onion
• ½ cup chopped cilantro
• 1 pound small shrimp, shelled, deveined, and cooked
• 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and finely chopped
• Saltine crackers or tortilla chips, for serving
• Stir together the ketchup, sauce, horseradish, lime juice, hot sauce, and garlic powder until well blended.
• Taste and add more horseradish or hot sauce if you would like it spicier.
• Add the onion, cilantro, and shrimp and mix well. Gently stir in the avocado.
• Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
• Serve in 4-ounce glasses with saltine crackers or tortilla chips.