Local Latino Leader Competes to Win 25K for His Community
Vote today for Alberto Ávalos, whose passion for leveraging technology working with communities is creating economic empowerment
Coors Light announces this year's Líderes, a group of 12 outstanding Latino leaders of legal drinking age who have demonstrated a commitment to empower their communities.
Published on LatinoLA: October 7, 2016
LatinoLA is proud to support Alberto Ávalos, Los Angeles, CA, nominated by Hispanic Heritage Foundation!
Learn more about Alberto here!
And then vote for Alberto here!
The 12 líderes were nominated by national and local nonprofit organizations and selected by Coors Light based on their achievements and impact in the Latino community. Coors Light believes in rewarding the dedication and tenacious spirit of emerging leaders who selflessly work to help others. The nominees are philanthropists, artists, community organizers, entrepreneurs and volunteers.
One of the 12 líderes will become the 2016 Coors Light Líder of the Year through an online public voting competition.
Online voting takes place at CoorsLightLideres.com through 4:00 pm CST, October 28, 2016. The winner will receive a $25,000 grant from Coors Light to develop a community leadership program with their nonprofit organization. Voting rules and restrictions apply. Must be 21 years or older. Void where prohibited.
"Through the Coors Light Líderes program, we have the opportunity to build awareness for 12 outstanding Latino leaders who are taking on new challenges and inspiring others to make a difference in communities across the country," said Karina Diehl, Director of Community Affairs at MillerCoors. "For the past decade, the Líderes program has recognized the unique accomplishments of 148 leaders. Coors Light looks forward to awarding the 2016 Líder of the Year with a $25,000 grant that will help support the Latino community."
The other 2016 Coors Light Líderes are:
• Alexander Almonte, New York, NY, nominated by Selective Corporate Internship Program
• Leonardo Álvarez, Central Florida, FL, nominated by CareerSource Central Florida
• Agustina Besada, Brooklyn, NY, nominated by Sure We Can, Inc.
• Julio César Casado Jr., Bronx, NY, nominated by La Unidad Latina Foundation
• Carlos A. Colón, Denver, CO, nominated by mpowered
• Fernando Díaz, Chicago, IL, nominated by Prospanica
• Miriam E. Frías, Fort Worth, Texas, nominated by Hispanic Wellness Coalition
• Patricia Mota, Chicago, IL, nominated by Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement
• Yinia Ramírez, Bronx, NY, nominated by BronxWorks
• Leslie Roybal, Jersey City, NJ, nominated by Flamenco Vivo
• Anette Soto, Fort Worth, TX, nominated by Hispanic Women's Network of Texas
Since 2006, the Coors Light Líderes program has raised awareness and highlighted the achievements of national and local leaders within the Hispanic community. The Coors Light Líderes program offers up-and-coming Latino professionals leadership tools, counsel and networking opportunities.
The 2015 Coors Light Líder of the Year, JoAnna Cintrón, partnered with The Denver Film Society and used the $25,000 grant to develop CineLatino, a program that helps Latinos pursue filmmaking careers both in front and behind the camera.
Join the conversation at:
LinkedIn and on Twitter using @coorslightlider.